Countless people in history and present have written about its beauty, artists have sung about its tranquil attitudes, poets have mused over its seascapes. Now its our turn, fellow food bloggers, to experience the Caribbean through cooking!
Caribbean cuisine is a fusion of African, Amerindian, British, Spanish, French, Dutch, Indian and Chinese cuisine. These traditions were brought from the many homelands of this region's population. In addition, the population has created styles that are unique to the region.
And with an array of wonderfully bright and vibrant vegetables and fruits, it shouldn't be hard to find amazingly tasty vegetarian dishes to submit for this event! So sit down, turn on some Bob Marley or your favorite Steel Drum band and put on your colorful straw-hat thinking caps and send over your best or soon-to-be best vegetarian Caribbean delight!
Here are the rules:
- This event runs from 12th November 2009 - 12th December 2009.
- You can send in as many entries as you like to this event.
- You can send in recipes that you might have submitted to other events also.
- Any recipes from your archives can be accepted ONLY if they are updated and re-posted especially for this event. Please do not send in links to an old post.
- Non-bloggers are welcome to join in. Just send in your recipe to me with a photograph if you have one and all details mentioned above, and I will add it to the round-up.
- It would be lovely if your entry is accompanied with a photograph. Preferred size of photograph: 350 pixels wide.
- As mentioned above, do describe your creation - just a couple lines telling us about the recipe you have chosen to enter into A.W.E.D. Caribbean this month.
- And don't forget to link your entry this announcement and to DK's blog @ Chef In You.
- Please post the A.W.E.D. Caribbean logo on your event postings.
- Email your entries to me at email@example.com along with you name, name of your blog, name of your entry, the url link to your entry, and a short description of your creation.